Monday, May 30, 2011

When was the last time you purchased a vinyl record? Can you even remember? Well, if you can't remember, you're sadly out of touch with the music world. This is because, according to various music associations in America, the market for vinyl records in the USA will apparantly increase by 25 percent in 2011. And the American market doesn't purchase as much vinyl product as Europe. So far from being dead, vinyl is actually making a worldwide comeback. So get onto the net and check out all the wonderful vinyl product that is out there.

2 comments:

  1. I don't own a record player, I think I dumped my last one about 1996. Are new albums coming out in vinyl still? I can't imagine going back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My record player fell over off its perch in the Feb 22 earthquake and is now officially *the m word*. But I still have my record collection, which I carefully entrusted to my best friend when I went travelling in the 80s, and as my only worldly possession at that time (ah the innocence of youth) left to same friend in my very first will. The latest record I purchased, apart from second hand, was Beauty by Ryuichi Sakamoto. It was a hell of a palava, it had to be ordered in by the record shop, and that was back in the early 90s. But I have to say it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete